Low Carb Bran Muffin Recipe
These low carb bran muffins fit into any low carb diet plan, including Dr. Atkins!
These low-carbohydrate bran muffins are full of fiber and delicious, too! Your whole family will like them!
If you are unable to find high-gluten flour, add vital wheat gluten to regular flour or use “Better for Bread” flour. Adjust the carb count if necessary.
3 Tbs. Melted Butter
½ Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Warm Water
1 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt
½ Cup Artificial Sweetener (use a type that retains sweetness when heated).
3/4 Cup High-gluten Flour
1/4 Cup Oat Flour
1 ½ Cups Wheat Bran
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine melted butter, heavy cream, water and baking soda.
Allow mixture to stand for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the egg, salt and sweetener. Mix well.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flours and wheat bran. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. The batter will be thick.
6. Spoon the batter into the wells of two well-greased cupcake tins. Fill ½ to 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
Yield: 24 muffins @ slightly more than 4 grams carbohydrate each.
These muffins freeze well when wrapped individually in waxed paper, followed by foil.
Serving suggestion: Spread warm muffins with cream cheese or low-carb jam.