How To Find A Bed And Breakfast In Hawaii
How do you find the right bed and breakfast for you in Hawaii? What do you need to know about them?
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy an extended stay in Hawaii without a "resort" lifestyle and without having to "rough it," you may want to consider staying in one of Hawaii’s many attractive bed & breakfasts. At a typical Hawaiian bed and breakfast, you can expect to pay about $30 to $70 a night. But you can get discounts if you’ll be staying a week or two... or even a month. Bed and breakfast agencies exist across the islands. They have the most accurate and up to date information about the bread and breakfasts in their regions. Here are some specific Hawaiian bread and breakfast agencies in Hawaii and how you can contact them.
• Bed and Breakfast Hawaii. This service has been in operation for more than 20 years. They can supply you up-to-date "hot sheet" information with the latest rates and listings. There is a membership fee of $10 per year to join this agency. You can contact them at Bed and Breakfast Hawaii, Box 449, Kapaa, HI 96746. 808-822-7771.
• Go Native Hawaii. This agency can send you a directory and pertinent bed and breakfast information for free by mail. Simply contact them at 65 Halualani Pl., P.O. Box 11418, Hilo, HI 96721. 935-4178.
• Villas of Hawaii. This agency specializes in finding you the most extravagant beachfront villas, condominiums, and estates. 4218 Waialae Ave., Suite 203, Honolulu 96816. 735-9000.
• Bed and Breakfast Honolulu Statewide. This agency has been operating since 1982 and helps visitors find the right place for them to stay. They mostly represent places on Oahu, but have listings elsewhere, as well. 3242 Kaohinanai Dr., Honolulu, HI 96817. 595-7533.
• All Islands B&B. This agency is brand new and indicates that they give plenty of personalized attention to your needs. 823 Kainui, Kailua, HI 96734. 263-2342.
• Bed and Breakfast Maui Style. This agency has been in operation for a long time. In fact it’s the oldest agency on Maui. They have plenty of private rooms or one-bedroom apartments. P.O. Box 886, Kihei, HI 96753. 879-7865.