Herbal Energy Boosters
Great herbal energy boosters! Are you suffering from an energy-drain? Do you feel tired all the time? Do you find that coffee isn't enough? Then it's time for some long-term fixes for your energy drain.
Are you suffering from an energy-drain? Do you feel tired all the time? Do you find that coffee isn't enough? Then it's time for some long-term fixes for your energy drain. Here are some suggestions to help you rev-up.
1. Remember that caffeine can be both friend and enemy. In small amounts, caffeine can perk you up; however too much has the opposite effect. The resulting dehydration can make you feel much worse.
2. Relatedly, it's important to drink enough water. The average adult needs eight to ten or more glasses of water per day. If you're feeling grumpy or sluggish, it could be a sign of dehydration. If you wait until you feel thirsty to grab a glass of water, it's too late; you're already dehydrated.
3. Get enough sleep. You know what the effects of too little sleep are, but did you know that you can sleep too much? With too much sleep, you'll feel groggy and have a hard time waking up. Most adults require eight or more hours of sleep. To figure out how much sleep is right for you, experiment. Try getting ten hour and work down from there, half an hour each night, until you find your balance.
4. Wake-up to light. Exposure to bright light when you first get out of bed. Light resets the brain's clock. During lunch get out into the sunlight for 5-10 minutes for an energy boost.
5. Take time to daydream. A few minutes of daydreaming can help you to relax, give your creativity some exercise, and make you feel ready to continue your work.
6. Move around and stretch to wake your body. Sitting in one position all day (like at a computer desk) can sap your energy– get up and stretch to get the blood moving though your legs and body.