New Puppy Care
Tips on caring for a new puppy.
Caring for a new puppy is a hard and challenging job. When you make that decision to get a new puppy, for your family, there is a lot to consider. Raising a new puppy requires a lot of time and patience. If you are not ready to devote the time to a new puppy, you don't need one. There is a lot of things to consider when you pick out a puppy. Do you want a large dog or a small dog? Are you going to keep it inside or outside? No matter which you decide here are a few basic tips on what to expect and what must be done.
1. Always have your puppy checked by a veternarian as soon as you get it home.
2. Make sure you have all neccessary vaccinations given to your puppy to maintain the puppy's health.
3. Have your puppy a good pen, if it is going to stay outside. It is the law to keep your dog up.
4. Always feed a good dry puppy food to your puppy. One with a high protein content.
5. Give your puppy plenty of chew toys to chew on. This will keep your puppy from chewing on things they shouldn't.
6. Spend plenty of time with your new puppy and socialize it with others and other dogs to get it familiar with them. This makes a more friendly puppy.
7. Train your puppy as early as you can. The earlier you start the easier the puppy will learn.
8. Groom your puppy at least every couple of weeks. This keeps their coat looking healthy and shiny.
9. Give your puppy a vitamin supplement. This really helps your puppy by giving it neccessary supplements.
10. Treat your puppy as if it were a member of the family.
It may be hard and frustrating raising a new puppy, but the reward that comes from it will make up for it. A dog will be loyal to you for its whole life. That puppy could just be the best friend you have ever had.