Home Beauty Secrets
How to look like a million dollars with these beauty tips you can do from home!!
Very few of us can afford to buy that latest creams and potions for our skin, which promise to smooth out wrinkles and banish lines. Home-made beauty recipes have been around for generations. Not only are they the most cost-effective, they are often fine to eat! Used mainly with leftover ingredients, you don’t even need to take a trip to the store to buy them.
We’d all love to look like a million dollars, but that doesn’t mean we have to spend it. Try some of these recipes for glowing skin, eyes and hair.
1. Cucumber slices laid upon the eyes are an old favourite – which still works. All the expensive eye gels have a cooling agent that is just the same as a slice of cucumber, only cheaper and edible.
2. On the final rinse when washing your hair, try a blast of freezing water. This will make your locks shine and look even healthier.
3. If you have just home-dyed your hair blonde and the chemical reaction has made it have a slight green tint, wash your hair with tomato ketchup. The red will counterbalance the green and will make your colour appear more natural before you get it sorted out by a hairdresser.
4. Spray lemon juice on the hair before going out and sunbathing. After a few hours your hair will have a natural summer tint. This doesn’t work as well if you have very dark or already coloured hair. Make sure you thoroughly rinse the juice off afterwards as it can make your hair sticky.
5. Mix together some porridge oats, two tablespoons of honey and a little water for a mild facemask. Lie flat and have a girlfriend paste the mixture over your face avoiding the eyes. Relax for approximately 15 minutes and then rinse off. Your skin will be glowing.
6. If you have tired or dry feet, rub the thickest moisturise or hand cream into your feet - don’t rub it all in. Now place a big pair of bed-socks on and relax. This is a good treat to do before you go to bed at night, leave the cream and socks on all night and when you wake up your feet will be silky smooth. You can also do this for dry hands – use woollen gloves instead. This works best in the winter as the wool gloves/socks can make your feet/hands sweat.
7. To make blonde hair a little shinier and lighter, crack an egg over your hair after shampooing. Rinse thoroughly with warm – not hot water and then use conditioner.