Vehicle Maintenance Schedule
A guide to vehilcle maintenance scheduling. How to keep your vehicle in top notch shape.
All of us depend on our vehicles everyday. We use them to travel back and forth to work, carry our children to school, go shopping, or whatever other reason. We all need to know a little about maintenance on them, to keep them running in top notch shape. Here are a few of the things you need to check on your vehicle.
1. Try to change your oil at least every 3000 miles. If you don't change the oil often enough, it causes it to break down or gum up inside the engine. This is one of the most important services you need to do to your car to keep it running right.
2. Change the oil filter every time you change oil. If you don't it causes the old oil in the filter to go back into the engine.
3. Rotate your tires every 5000 miles. This keeps the tires on the car longer. It keeps the front or back from wearing out as fast, depending on whether your vehicle is front or rear wheel drive.
4. Check the transmission and brake fluid monthly to make sure it is okay.
5. Be sure there is plenty of water and engine coolant in your radiator. This keeps you car from over heating.
6. Check your engine to make sure there are no leaks of any sort.
7. Try to change your plugs and wires every year. You might not think they need it, but it does help your car.
These are just a few of the main things you need to check and change on your vehicle. There is several other things that need to be done. I also suggest that you take your vehicle to a certified mechanic at least once a year for a regular service check up. Now that we have covered the maintenance, let's talk about keeping your vehicle looking good.
1. At the beginning of every spring I try to give my car a complete waxing and detailing job. You need to wax your car at least twice a year. I use a good paste wax. It is harder to put on and take off, but it protects your paint better.
2. Wash your car every week. I don't like using car washs. They can scratch the paint on your car so I prefer to do it with a water hose and sponge.
3. Always dry your car completely to avoid getting water marks. They are hard to get off once they set in.
4. Keep your wheels clean and polished. The brake dust can ruin them if it is allowed to stay on them.
5. Armorall the inside dash and door panels, this protects them from the sun.
6. Vaccum and clean the inside of you car every other week. If you give the dirt time to get ground in, it may stain your carpets.
I hope some of these were helpful to you. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but in the long run it will pay off.