How To Give A Pedicure
Wondering how to give a pedicure? When our feet are stuffed into thick socks and tights, it's no wonder they get neglected for half of the year. Give yourself a pedicure to revive your feet for the summer.
Out of all of the parts of the body, the foot is often the first to be neglected. Throughout the winter months they are stuffed into thick shoes, tights and socks. It’s only when the sun starts to shine that we think about our feet, and yet it is one of the parts that we would be lost without.
With a little pampering on a regular basis your feet can be brought back to life with ease.
What you’ll need:
Warm soapy water
Follow the steps below and you’ll soon have a spring in your step:
1. Wash your feet in warm soapy water. If you have a foot spa that’s even better. Make sure that you cover your toenails thoroughly.
2. Pat them dry and begin using a pumice stone lightly rubbing over any hard dry skin, often found on the heels and balls of the feet.
3. Use an orange stick to gently push back your cuticles. This will make your nails look rounder and healthier.
4. Cut your nails across ways and file with an emery board.
5. Rub in a thick rich moisturiser over all the areas you’ve worked on and leave your feet to dry.
6. Once dry, paint your nails in a nice bright colour (if you are very pale go for a light subtle shade) and admire your work.
Make sure you leave adequate time in between coats. Apply 2 coats of colour and one top coat.