How To Make Your Own Clock
How to make a country clock. The supplies you will need and the tools needed.
This is a step by step guide on how to make yourself a country clock. It requires very little work and is very easy to complete. You can easily do it in a few spare minutes. Here is what you will need to get started.
1. You will need a piece of a log with the bark still on. It will need to be dried. The wood needs to be 3/4" thick and at least 10" in diameter. These can also be purchased at a hobby or craft store.
2. You will need a drill with a medium size drill bit.
3. A can of wood sealer or varnish.
4. A clock dial, which can be purchased for under $5.00 at a hobby shop.
5. A set of clock numbers.
6. A metal picture hanger to hang the clock on the wall.
7. A piece of sandpaper.
8. A small phillips screw driver.
9. A small wrench to fit the clock dial.
10. A ruler.
11. Wood glue.
Now that you have everything you need, let us get started on the clock.
1. Drill a hole in the center of the wood.
2. Use the sandpaper to sand down the front of the wood to make it smooth.
3. Put the wood sealer or varnish on the wood that you have sanded. Let it dry overnight. This will give the wood a very shiny finish.
4. Insert the clock dial through the back of the clock with the stem coming out of the front. Use the wrench to tighten up the dial.
5. Use the glue to stick the numbers on the clock face. Make sure they are straight by using the ruler.
6. Take the hanger and screw it into the back of the clock on the top. This gives you something to hang it on the wall with.
You now have your country clock complete. It will make a nice addition to your home. The total cost you have in your clock should be around $10.00.