Vinegar Use In Your Home
Learn the many uses of vinegar in and around your home.
Did you know that Vinegar is an extraordinarily-versatile helper around the house? Its uses are virutally endless! And the best part is, Vinegar is economical to use!
Try these cleaning tips today and see for yourself how much time and money Vinegar can save you!
1. CLEAN WINDOWS with a solution of vinegar and water. Use about a fourth of a cup of vinegar to a bucket of warm water. Wipe windows with newspapers to a brilliant shine.
2. Use a 50/50 combination of vinegar and olive oil to DUST FURNITURE. The vinegar will cut through any existing build-up of furniture polish, while the oil will protect and shine your furniture beautifully!
3. Make your STEEL STAINLESS by using vinegar and a rag. This also works well on chrome fixtures.
4. REMOVE THE SPOTS by adding a little vinegar to your rinse water when you wash dishes. Spots and film will disappear like magic!
5. Add some vinegar to a bucket of warm water and MOP YOUR BARE FLOORS! This solution will cut through greasy grime as well as eliminate mildew and odors.
6. GET RID OF PERSPIRATION STAINS on the underarms of washable garments! Simply sponge full-strength white vinegar on the stains. Let soak awhile, then wash in the hottest water you can use on that certain fabric.
7. REMOVE LAUNDRY DETERGENT BUILD-UP by occasionally adding one cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle of your laundry machine.
8. WIPE DOWN STOVE TOPS, RANGE HOODS, ETC. with a solution of vinegar and warm water. The super grease-cutter will cut through cooking grease and grime like magic!
9. CLEAN THE HARD WATER DEPOSITS off your shower heads by soaking them in full strength vinegar overnight!
1. KEEP THE WHITES IN by adding a little vinegar to the water before you boil eggs. The vinegar prevents the egg whites from leaking out of a cracked egg!
2. OUT OF LEMON JUICE? Use vinegar on your fried fish, shrimp, salad, and other favorite dishes you normally use lemon juice on.
3. COOKING ODORS? Eliminate nasty cooking odors by adding a tablespoon or two of vinegar to a pan of water. Boil the mixture and smell the clean, fresh air!
4. KEEP PEELED POTATOES white while storing them in the refrigerator for a few days by adding a bit of vinegar-about a teaspoon full- to the water.
5. ONE-MINUTE SOUR CREAM- Blend together one cup of cottage cheese, one-fourth cup of milk, and one teaspoon vinegar.
1. GET THE OUCH OUT of sunburns by gently patting the burned area with vinegar.
2. TONIC FOR ARTHRITIS SUFFERERS- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to eight ounces of warm water, along with one teaspoon of honey. Drink this several times a day. This is also an old remedy for weight loss. Drink one glass of the mixture before each meal to aid in preventing weight gain.
3. Apple cider vinegar is also said to LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL AND YOUR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE when taken full-strength every day. The dosage is about one to two teaspoons.
4. LESSEN YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING POISON IVY-
Immediately after contacting the poisonous plant, gently wipe full-strength vinegar on the affected areas of your skin. The grease-cutting properties of the vinegar will actually cut and remove the oily residue the Poison Ivy plant leaves on your skin. Do not rub the vinegar into your skin. Just wipe it gently on and let it do its stuff!