Types Of Light Bulbs
What are the different types of lightbulbs on the market? Where are each of these types best used?
How you light your home perhaps doesn't get as much attention as it should. Creative lighting methods can make a huge difference in your home's appearance. In addition, different kinds of light bulbs have different impacts. Here are different light bulb types and how they can be used to improve the lighting in your home.
• Fluorescent bulbs. These light bulbs were once seen as a light source that is dimmer and less effective than other. That's not the case anymore. Fluorescent bulbs now come in hundreds of different types, styles and colors. You can get fluorescent bulbs that can be dimmed. They come in any shade of color. They can now create very effective lighting in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Incandescent. These are the most traditional light bulb styles. They are typically found most effective in living rooms, bedrooms, and dens. It has a nice, warm illumination. However, when it is shone on different colors of paints, it can appear as if the colors have changed colors. Incandescent bulbs make blues appear to be greens, and reds to appear orange. So you need to keep these things in mind when decorating your home.
• Halogen. Halogen bulbs are increasing in popularity. It provides a much brighter, whiter light than incandescent bulbs. You want to consider these bulbs for the ceilings and wall fixtures in the main rooms of your home.
• Quartz. Quartz bulbs are a bit more expensive, but they can be worth it, if you use them properly. Quartz bulbs are energy efficient. They can provide a great deal of light without costing you as much money.
• High Density Discharge bulbs. These are typically outdoor lights. They are typically found in street lights, but are increasingly used as decorative outdoor lighting for private homes. They provide a great deal of light for security and decoration.