Indoor Pest Control
What are the best ways to control indoor pests such as cockroaches and ants?
Pests are unwanted no matter where they're found, but if they're found in your house, they're particularly not wanted. Here is a list of the 10 most frequently found household pests and what you can do to get rid of them.
• Cockroaches. If you have a cockroach problem, you need to immediately locate their hiding place. Turn off the lights in a room and leave it for a couple hours. Cockroaches like darkness. Enter the room, quickly turn on the lights and watch where the roaches run. Get some roach spray and spray in that area.
• Mice. To get rid of mice, block off the holes and gaps in the walls they use to hide. Get a few mousetraps and put some cheese, cookies, or peanut butter on the trap.
• Rats. In order to remove the rats from your home is a bit larger task. These creatures can range from half a foot to a foot long, and they can be poisonous to your food and children. You need to block off all openings around and in your house. Seal your garbage carefully so they won't pick at your trash. Use rat traps or even poison called rodenticides. But you need to be careful, as this poison is also harmful for humans and pets.
• Termites. You can't get rid of your termites on your own. You'll need to find a good termite company and have them come and spray and inspect your home.
• Ants. You need to find the ant nest and destroy it. This may require watching them closely to determine where they're staying. Then spray or water down their nest to kill the ants.
• Carpenter ants. You'll need a pest control company to locate the nests of these creatures. If you see a pile of sawdust near the bottom of your house, suspect that you have a carpenter ant problem. There are different ways to get rid of them, but you need to hire a professional to find out which is best for you.
• Fleas. In order to get rid of fleas you need to call a professional company to come in and spray. You can do this yourself, but you need to make sure you do a thorough job, by spraying in every crack, vent, cupboard and closet in your house. Then vacuum in all those areas. And as soon as your done make sure you discard the vacuum cleaner bag outdoors. You'll want to treat your pet for fleas at the same time the eradication is done.
• Ticks. You need to treat your home and pets just as you would with fleas.
• Spiders. Spiders can be dangerous depending on the type of spiders. The best thing you can do is spray them and get rid of all the other pests in your house, so they won't be able to find any food in your place.
• Silverfish. There are specifically designed spray poisons you can get to get rid of silverfish. Spray all doors, windows, closets and any openings in your walls.