The Many Uses Of Dental Floss
What kinds of things can dental floss be used for? Why is dental floss such an important item to have on you?
The more dental floss you have on hand, the better. And it’s not just for cleaning your teeth anymore. Dental floss can actually be used instead of many other household items, if these items aren’t available. So if you’re going on a long trip, or headed to a deserted island or on a camping excursion, don’t forget the dental floss!
• Fishing line. If your line breaks, don’t fret. Simply get out your dental floss, and you’re good to go. Dental floss is strong enough to hold quite a bit of weight.
• Cut food. If you don’t have a knife or other kitchenware on hand, use your dental floss to slice into your cake, cheese, or other soft foods. You’ll be surprised at how well it works.
• Repair your umbrella. Out in a thunderstorm and the wind tears your umbrella inside out? Get out your dental floss. Tie one end of the floss to a metal spike; the other to the inside of your umbrella.
• If you don’t have a non-stick pan in your kitchen but still need to bake, use dental floss to work your baked goods lose. If you’re baking rolls, cookies, cake, or even pizza, slide a piece of dental floss underneath to loosen it up.
• If you don’t have any thread around and need to tie a button on your clothing, use dental floss. Dental floss is so strong, it can be used on any kinds of fabric. In fact, dental floss often works better than thread on heavy clothes like winter coats.
• Hang your pictures. Rather than spending money on picture wire, use your dental floss. The strength of the dental floss will hold forever.
• Repair anything with mesh. If you have a chair made out of mesh wiring or a playpen, use your dental floss to repair it. Using other types of materials to repair mesh can be costly. So why spend money on these items if dental floss will do the job equally as well.
• Repair or make a necklace or bracelet. If your jewelry needs to be re-strung, don’t take it to a jeweler–fix it yourself with dental floss. And if your children want jewelry to wear, make a craft project out of dental floss and some other items that they may want to put around their necks or wrists.