How To Make A Candle
How to make your own candles at home. Tips and what you need to get started.
Making your own candles is very fun and easy. If you are like me, you will save a lot of money also. Once you purchase the supplies, you can make as many as you want in your spare time. Here is a list of what items you will need to get started.
1. Crock pot
2. Some sort of containers. I use glass mason jars for mine. You can use anything that will hold the wax in place. I think the mason jars give your home a added country look.
3. Candle scent. There is many different scents to choose from.
4. Candle color.
5. Large candle wicks.
6. A block of candle wax. I buy my wax in the bulk. A 56lb block is the cheapest way to go.
7. A measuring cup.
8. Saran wrap.
9. Cardboard and rags.
Now that you have all of your supplies, let's get started.
1. Put the cardboard down on your work area to avoid spilling anything on it.
2. Chop your wax up into small blocks and put them in the crock pot. Turn the crock pot on high and let the wax melt completely.
3. Once the wax is melted turn the heat off of the crock pot.
4. Put in the candle scent. A few drops usually works but you can make them stronger if you like.
5. Pour in a few drops of which color you decide to make your candles. If you want them darker add more color. Once the candles harden the color will be lighter that what it looks like in the pot.
6. Take your measuring cup, dip out the wax and fill your containers up.
7. Insert your wicks into the containers. Center the wicks by putting the saran wrap on top of the containers and running the wick through the center of it. This will hold the wicks in place.
8. Let the candles harden and trim the wicks off even with the top of the container.
Now that you have followed these easy steps, your candles are complete. They will be a lovely addition to your home. Not only did you save some money, you can also sell your candles for a profit. They are a really hot seller right now. You can figure what it cost you to make each candle and usually double your money. I hope you enjoyed the article. Have fun making the candles.