Benefits Of Vitamins
What are the most common benefits vitamins? How can they help you stay healthy?
Vitamins are an important ingredient in our daily diets. Vitamins keep us healthy and strong. Many Americans have misconceptions about different vitamins, including what they do and which ones they need. Certain vitamins help with certain types of ailments. If you're looking to increase the amount of a particular vitamin you intake, there are certain foods you can eat to increase that level. You can also buy vitamin supplements to increase the level of a particular vitamin your body can use.
• Vitamin A. Maintains healthy skin, teeth, bones and eyes. If you lack Vitamin A, you put your body at risk of diseases. You can get Vitamin A from drinking milk and eating eggs and cheese.
• Vitamin B1. Turns carbohydrates into energy. You need this vitamin to maintain a healthy brain and heart. You can get Vitamin B1 from grains, beans, meat, and fish.
• Vitamin B2. Turns carbohydrates into energy. You need this vitamin to maintain healthy red blood cells, skin, and eyes. You can get Vitamin B2 from meat, milk, chicken, eggs, and beans.
• Vitamin B12. Develops red blood cells. You need this vitamin to maintain a healthy nervous system, and can get this vitamin from beef, chicken, eggs, milk, and cereals.
• Vitamin C. Maintains healthy teeth and gums and can heal wounds. You need this vitamin to reduce your risk of cancer and to slow the aging process. You can get Vitamin C in fruits and vegetables.
• Vitamin D. Improves the health of your bones and teeth. You need this vitamin to help reduce the chances you'll acquire osteoporosis or colon cancer. You can get Vitamin D in milk, fish, and margarine.
• Vitamin E. Aids with the formation of red blood cells. You need this vitamin to reduce your risk of certain cancers and to prevent cataracts. You can get Vitamin E from nuts, lettuce, and certain vegetables.