How To Get Soft Skin
Get beautiful baby soft skin with this easy step-by-step skin care plan! Learn skin-care secrets that are inexpensive and bring results!
There are several things you must do to get beautiful baby-soft skin! Baby-soft skin comes from following a regular skin-care program. The plan does not need to be expensive or time-consuming, but it should be done every day.
Your skin-care plan will include cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing and protecting.
This is what you need:
1. Gentle, high-fat soap, such as Dove or Tone.
2. Baby oil.
3. A loofah and a Buff Puff-type product (may substitute a rough wash cloth).
4. Towel for face and body.
5. Facial moisturizer.
7. Optional; sunless tanning cream or lotion.
Follow these easy steps!
1. First, the skin must be cleansed. For both the body and face, a high-fatted, gentle soap is best. Deodorant soaps can be very drying and damaging to the skin. Soap should remove dirt and dead skin, not strip off the oils.
Wash your body gently, and keep the water warm, not hot.
Eye makeup should be removed with baby oil, followed by washing the face with the gentle soap.
Remove all soap residue, from face and body, by thoroughly rinsing with warm water.
2. Exfoliation is the next step. This is the process of removing dry, dead skin. The best thing to use on the body is a loofah, which looks like a dry sponge. Most beauty supply stores, supermarkets and drugstores sell loofahs.
For the face, a product such as a “Buff Puff” works well.
A rough washcloth can also be used, on either the face or body.
With the skin still wet from cleansing, gently scrub off the old skin to reveal the smooth, newer under-layer.
3. After exfoliation, the skin must be moisturized. For the body, the best way to moisturize is by sealing in the moisture from a bath or shower. Do this by lightly applying baby oil to still-wet skin, and then pat the skin dry.
For the face, follow cleansing and exfoliation with a gentle moisturizer. Any moisturizing product is fine, although alpha-hydroxy products are especially good because they also help the skin to renew itself.
4. Now, the skin must be protected. Protection from weather extremes is important for both the face and body. Both cold and sunlight can be drying and contribute to premature wrinkling and aging. Skin cancer is on the rise, and largely caused by over-exposure to the sun.
Sunscreen lotion or cream should always be used, and reapplied as necessary. Even on overcast days, the sun can cause skin damage. On very sunny days, hats and other clothing can be worn to help shield the skin. Clothing can be used to protect the skin in cold weather, too.
The use of sunscreen does not mean we must all have pale skin! For a healthy glow, sunless tanning products can be used. Today’s tanning creams and sprays have a natural look. Because these products do not offer sun protection, be sure to also use a sunscreen.
Follow this plan regularly and you will be pleased with the look and feel of your beautiful baby-soft skin!