Cures For Insomnia
How to get to sleep when nothing else works.
Sleep is one of the most important elements in any human being's life. Those nights lying awake can be the worst feeling on earth. To get some good sleep follow these simple rules:
1. Don't rely on sleeping pills. You wil get addicted and your body will adjust to them. It will make it very difficult for you to ever return to normal sleeping patterns.
2. Don't eat large meals, smoke or drink too soon before bed. It will interrupt releases of melatonin in your brain.
3. Count sheep. Although it sounds like the oldest remedy, it really does work. It keeps you mind from wandering to other things that may keep you awake.
4. Don't exercise before bed, it increases your heart rate and makes it difficult for you to relax enough to go to sleep.
5. Relax and focus on your breathing. Clear all other thoughts from your mind as your focus on the air entering and leaving your body. As you relax you will fall into such a deep state of relaxation that you will fall into sleep.
6. Block out all light from your room. Any light will disturb your sleeping patterns, disallowing you from falling asleep as well as waking you up.
7. Block out noises. Shut all the windows, turn off the TV and the radio. Keeping it quiet will allow you to fall into a deeper and more comfortable sleep.
Follow these few key pointers and you'll be sleeping like a baby.