Back Pain Treatment
What kinds of treatments can you use to get rid of back pain?
If you are one of the unlucky people who gets significant back pain frequently, you know that there is nothing worse. Sometimes back pain can grow so intense and so frustrating that the condition immobilizes you. All you feel like doing is lying down, but even that doesn't stop the pain.
• Get physical activity. The best way to keep yourself from getting back pain is to exercise daily. If you sit around a lot or find yourself resting for long periods, your odds of getting back pain are better. If you're trying to work off a severe back pain, you should also exercise. Sitting still won't work. It's better to work the muscles in your back so they are no longer tense. While there are no set rules as to which exercises are best for those with back pain, some good exercises for you to do would include biking, running, or walking.
• Use pain relievers. Over-the-counter pain relievers can help immensely. For someone who is trying to overcome a severe back pain, taking this type of pain reliever can solve the immediate problem.
• See a chiropractor. If you see a chiropractor for spinal manipulation, you can achieve relief, as well. The downside of spinal manipulation is that you can only use that tactic so often. It costs more than the use of over-the-counter pain relievers, and the relief lasts just as long.
• Seek medical attention. Chronic back problems are back pain that occurs for more than a month at a time. You need to choose a physician who understand back problems so he or she can properly diagnose you.
• Surgery. This is the most infrequently used method of relieving back pain. Only about one out of every 100 back pain patients actually requires surgery. But this surgery will solve their back pain problems within a couple months.