Chocolate Cherry Cookie Recipe
Fun easy to follow rescipe, for great tasting Chocolate Cherry Cookie Snacks.
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup coarsely chopped glazed red cherries
9 Whole glazed cherries for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 F
2. Cut chocolate into pieces and place into microwave, until melted, stir smooth and set aside.
3. Mix together butter and sugar until smooth, add egg and vanilla and blend, stir in chocolate.
4. Mix together in another bowl flour, baking soda, and add to other mixture, then stir in cherries, stir into dough
5. Make 2-inch balls, placing them atleast 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
6. Cut the whole cherries in half, placing one half in the center of each cookie.
7. Bake until cookies are just barely firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
Makes about 18 cookies