Chocolate Pie Recipe
Free Chocolate pie recipe! Looking for an easy way to celebrate a holiday or just want something sweet?
5 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cup plus 6 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups boiling water
3 egg yolks, beaten
1/2 stick butter or margarine
3 squares bitter chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites
1. Sift cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and salt in top of double boiler. Stir in water and mix well. Place over bottom of double boiler and stir until custard leaves sides of pan.
2. Add egg yolks. Cook 5 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and stir in butter.
4. After butter has melted, add chocolate and vanilla.
5. Pour into baked pie shell.
6. Beat egg whites with remaining sugar.
7. Cover pie with meringue.
8. Bake at 325 until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
9. Cool and serve.
10. Serves 6-8.