Building Your Own Deer Stand
A brief description of how to build your own deer stand.
If you are an avid deer hunter like myself, you know how expensive a prefabricated deer stand can be. I used to always buy these kind, but now I build my own. It is very simple and very inexpensive to build one for yourself. There are a few things that you will need to get started. Here is what you will need to get started.
1. Around four or five 2" x 4" boards that are at least 10' long.
2. A section of heavy duty chain.
3. Some wood screws at least 3" long.
4. A screwdriver
5. A skill saw
6. A tape measure.
7. And a section of heavy duty plywood no less than 3' x 3'.
Now that you have all you need it is time to get started. Here is what you need to do first.
1. Take two of the 10' boards and lay them down three feet apart. Cut the other boards and place them on the other boards like a ladder about two feet apart.
2. Next place the plywood on top and brace it with the boards you have left.
3. notch the plywood so it will fit next to the tree.
4. Find a tree to place your stand and use the chain to lock it up.
I recommend you always use screws instead of nails on the boards. They hold a lot better than nails. Also think safety first. Make sure your stand is steady and stabilized. You can make these for under twenty dollars. I have dozens of them placed in my favorite spots.